[ Top ]
- Verticals have tremendous design flexibility and can accommodate
specialty windows with curves and angles. Bay windows or curved
windows can be fitted with a vertical blind system.
- Wide array of color choices (over 400) for light control from
room darkening to translucent fabrics
- Effectively control outside light by rotating the slats while
providing necessary privacy. Room can be darkened substantially
when the slats are fully closed
- Simple to operate by either rotating the vanes by twisting the
wand or pulling the blind completely open with a continuous cord
- Vinyl, wood and aluminum vanes can be noisy as they are being
drawn across your window
- To reduce wear and tear on cords and vanes, fully open louvers
before drawing the blind across the window. This reduces friction
between vanes and requires less effort to open
- Recommended for sliding glass doors and very wide windows
[ Top ]
Fabric - fabric is available either hanging freely with sewn-in
weights or inserted into a PVC protective casing known as groover
- Freehanging fabric can be beautiful as a vertical blind, as
it adds the soft look of fabric to virtually any window.
- Freehanging fabric louvers filter light, while reducing heat
and UV rays. When inserted into a protective casing, fabric
vanes give you the rigidity, durability, and light blocking
of PVC, while preserving the softer look of fabric.
[ Top ]
- By far the most common is the 3 1/2". These wider slats
allow the most free window space because there are fewer vanes
(because they are wider) and farther apart. This also results
in a narrower stack when fully pulled back than the vertical with
- The 2” vanes do have a unique, modern look, which is eye-catching.
The 2" is 25%-40% more expensive, depending on the manufacturer
and the type of material you request for the vanes.
- Free-hanging vanes (material hangs without other support) and
groover insert vanes (material is inserted into a plastic backing
providing greater protection) are available
- Wand control (PermAssure by HunterDouglas, and OneTouch by Graber)
replaces control chain and cord (tilt and pull controls) for ease
of use and child safety.
- A wide variety of valance styles are available from single layer
to double layered valances
[ Top ]
- Patio doorways
- Living room
- Dining room
- Family room
- Breakfast nook
- Game room